Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week #9, Thing #23 -- Experience Summary

I enjoyed this experience and feel now that I understand what is meant by Web 2.o. Occaisonally there were links that did not work (I beleive only in Week #9) which was frustrating. The only other frustration I had was with figuring out a few of the tools initially, especially the RSS feeds. I feel I have learned a tremendous amount and now need time to synthesize the information for myself in order to share with my staff throughout the coming school year. I greatly appreciate the time and energy that it took Ann and Katie to organzie Raven About Web 2.0 and appreciate those who saw the worthiness of this venture and approved the grant that supports it.

The additional assignments for those of us taking this for university credit were worthwhile and helped to place the Web 2.0 concept in the school setting. I am looking forward to reading all the text, Web 2.0 New tools, New schools by Gwen Solomon and Lynne Schrum as I find it full of interesting ideas and thoughtful suggestions.

1 comment:

Katie said...

We appreciate you're being willing to dive into this first class with us. Considering the number of links involved in the blog I am grateful that you had so little trouble. We tried to test them all but the web is a moving target. I hope you will maintain your blog as I hope to keep up with your posts via my RSS feeds and see how you use what you have learned over the coming year. Thank you for your input so far.