Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week #4, Thing 8 -- RSS feeds

I was delighted to be able to locate some blogs and websites that I hope will be useful to me during the coming school year. I am considering creating a Bartlett Blog and placing blogs list, websites, and other information that will be truly helpful to my students and staff. What other tools could easily create such a collection? I would appreciate all suggestions.

I like having everything at my fingertips. I could create a blog of ideas just for myself -- a personal lifelong learning log that would allow me to include items for awhile and take them out as needed. I like that the blog is somewhat fluid - easy to include and easy to remove items. I like the RSS feed because it brings everything I want to me -- what fun! RSS feeds can truly save time in this too busy world.

I received my copy of our text, Web 2.0 New Tools, New Schools by Gwen Solomon and Lynne Schrum today. I've determined my school is a Web 1.0 school and it is now time to move toward becoming a 2.0 school. I'm anxious to read further into the book -- I just know it will have marvelous ideas for creating a 2.0 school.

2 comments:

Katie said...

RSS feeds are one of the greatest tools in the collection. Its a great way to harness the Web to work for you! I have your blog on my feed so I can tell easily when you add to it.

Soccer Mom (Kristen A) said...

I agree with you about how RSS feeds can save you time. I spend a lot of time researching information and this will save me a lot of time with adding new feeds and removing feeds as they come.