Saturday, June 21, 2008

Week#5, Thing #10




I used the Badge Maker at http://www.bighugelabs.com/flickr/badge.php and found it fun and easy to do. I also used Magazine Cover at http://www.bighugelabs.com/flickr/magazine.php. I chose family for my examples. Both of these could easily be created by students -- then they could write about their mom or the family member they placed on the magazine cover. The woman on the badge is my mother and the woman on the magazine cover is my grandmother -- I know I could write an interesting story about both women -- just as I'm certain students could write interesting things about their family.
Both options could be used to make creative reading posters for any library and at minimal cost, but be more personal. I would need to check to see if the picture could be enlarged without loosing any quality. Both generators were quick and easy to use.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I really like your idea of the students putting a family photo on the magazine cover and then writing about it. What fun. Can't wait to share it around our district.